Mini Medical School
Spring 2017 Program
The Medical Spectrum: Basics To Breakthroughs
View the Mini Medical School Course Program! (945 KB)
Stay up to date with Mini Med news, join our mailing list today!
Spring 2017 Course schedule dates (7:00-9:00pm on each date):
- March 23, 2017
- March 30, 2017
- April 6, 2017
- April 13, 2017
- April 20, 2017
- April 27, 2017
Lecture topics include:
- Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis: New Perspectives in Treatment
- The Human Biome: How Bacteria Work For and Against Us
- General Surgery Procedures
- New Horizons in Surgical Education Using Simulation
- The Eye: How Vision Works and Common Problems
- Gene Therapy to Stop Retinal Degeneration
- Managing Sleep Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Research Into Treatments
- Update in Endocrinology
- Advances in Stem Cell Therapy: What Seems to Work and Why?
- Genetic Based Diseases: Are We There Yet in Treating Them?
- Figuring Out FAT – Functional Adipose Tissue
- Itching to learn more about the human body and its amazing intricacies?
- Ever wonder what makes your body tick?
- Interested in learning more about medical terminology and how to speak to your personal physician?
- Want to hear about current and local research initiatives on health issues?
- Wish you had had a chance to go to medical school?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions then "Welcome to Mini Medical School at the University of Ottawa!" The University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine and its Office of Continuing Professional Development are proud of the success of its programs which have been held each Spring and Fall since 2004. Over 2000 people have now "graduated" from our Mini Medical School.